Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happiness is not a state of mind.....

Happiness is not a state of mind but a choice. Today, instead of whining and complaining, I decided to look out for things that I could improve in school. The door of the staffroom was stuck with a lot of flyers, memos and announcements. Teachers will get stuck at the door, trying to read important announcements and notices. Besides, it was an eyesore. So, I suggested to my friend to shift the whole examination table to the back of the staffroom where there is already a big noticeboard. She immediately took to the idea and agreed to do the shifting while I went to class. When I came back, everything was completed and all notices neatly pinned on the new noticeboard. Everyone commented that it was a great idea. And I felt so happy having contributed something. How many people have commented on the eyesore but did not do anything.
Then another friend went home and turned up with a pot of laksa and stuff to eat. It was like the ball had started rolling and the joy was infectious.

No comments: