Monday, September 18, 2006

10 Things I Enjoy Doing

1. gardening - this is what i enjoy when i have the chance, just to be with my plants, potter around the garden. i am privileged to be surrounded with greens and flowers all my life.

2. blogging - definitely one of my favourite activity. it is cathartic, it helps record my life and most of all, helps me see things in new perspective in retrospect.
3. surfing the internet - i could surf for hours, just for ideas for my journals, or my vocation, or for my hobbies.

4. shopping with my hubby - i look forward to the relaxed mode - not particularly shopping for anything, just window-shopping, hanging out at a mall, pointing out things to one another and in no hurry to buy anything, feeling contented just to be together.,hmmmm

5. having tea with my friends - this is my 'yam cha' hour with good friends. we invite one another or we meet, fellow teachers, at our chapati corner, lament and complain, sympathise and leave feeling better.

6. furnishing an empty house - i always love arranging furniture or doing up a house. and i have had the privilege to do up more than five bungalows that i have stayed in the estates. should have been an interior decorator. but i love the challenge of doing up nooks and corners. i got rid of my swing and replace with a set of garden chairs yesterday... throw in some plants and a fountain full of guppies...eric chia's partner...

7. arranging flowers - this is one activity which will surely bring a smile to my face. i just love arranging flowers, using colourful flowers and vases. never found it a chore. once, i did ten flower arrangements for a pskpp dinner in one hour...but still smiling...

8. playing my guitar and singing all the oldies - ah, i miss this. it's been so long since my last jamming session. love playing the old love songs or pour my heartaches through songs.

9. throwing a party for friends and family - this is something i do well and something that i enjoy but i am afraid people tend to expect it all the time and i would find it a chore if i cannot keep up to my standard. once a year, i throw a few big parties and cook up a storm. i love creating the ambience, putting candles, lamps, flowers, etc. it is all a fusion of what i love to do.

10.watching a sob-sob movie
- once in a while you get this good movie and have a good cry.. for example, all-time favourite is My Stepmum.

No comments: